Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Tavaar - 57th Edition

“But they still have doubts about us. Actually, I think they have doubts about me.”

“How so?”


“Weren’t you listening? It is because of rumors over the past year – my first year – that disbandment was decided. My guess is that is why the private interviews. I think they’re investigating me more than the company. No doubt they are wondering how I came to be chosen leader, too.”


“But you’ve proven yourself admirably. And Sampka promoted you. Would he do that if he didn’t trust you?”


“He almost had to after Khaiu. To do anything else would tip his hand. And I can be a lieutenant in any company.”


“Then I guess it’s thank goodness for Khaiu.”


Tavaar looked down wistfully. “Yes. Thank goodness.”


“What’s wrong?”


Tavaar looked up, surprised. “What’s wrong? What have we been talking about? Sashwa, we could be separated.”


“I’m not talking about that. I’m talking about you. I mention Khaiu and your mood falls faster than a stone tossed into the lake. Khaiu, and Shello, are probably your two favorite people in the world – after me, and Wheylin, I suppose. But you’ve been odd about them ever since you learned they were our competition. And since bringing them to base camp you’ve been really different. What have you got against them?”


“Nothing.”


“Are you mad because they gave themselves up instead of being captured?”


“No.”


“You know they only did that to save you.”


“I know.”


“They both love you dearly.”


“I know! Okay? I know! Just – quit talking about them.”


Sashwa’s face looked confused. “Why? What’s wrong?”


“Nothing. I just wish they would go away.”


“Why? Darling, both of those boys would do anything you ask.”


“I know that! And that’s the problem!”


“Problem?”


Tavaar groaned and rolled to her back, covering her face with her hands.


“Don’t you see, Sashwa? It’s Gwihnna’s prediction coming true. Until they arrived, I comforted myself with the knowledge I would never lay with any of the males in the company, except Wheylin. But now, they’re here.”


“And your desire for them has not lessoned?”


“No!” Tavaar wailed. “My the King forgive me. May Wheylin forgive me. I remember how it was. I think of how it could have been. Sashwa, I could lay with either or both of them. I wouldn’t be able to help myself. And they would do it, too. You said it yourself. The will do anything I ask.”


Sashwa sighed in exasperation.
“I said that because it never occurred to me you would ask them to do anything so stupid.” Tavaar uncovered her face. Sashwa chuckled at her. “You silly chicken brain. Didn’t you tell me you’ve already tried to get Shello to lay with you? And he turned you down? That was before he was married, Darling. Do you really think he’s going to just given in to you now because you’re all eager to fulfill some premonition of Gwihnna’s? I don’t think so, girl. I don’t think so. And you! Don’t you dare lay there and try to convince me you haven’t the willpower to stop yourself from pulling them into your bed. If that were true, it would already have happened. They’ve certainly been here long enough for that.”

No comments:

Today's Music



Yeah. That's The Great Sea all right.

Contributors