Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Tavaar - 36th Edition

Accidentally posted without adding text. Sorry. Got a pizza on the way.

I decided to continue Tavaar's story from where it left off. Tavaar and Sashwa are still in their hut.

Tavaar didn’t speak. The mood had become somber, as it usually did when one of them spoke like this. Every so often, one or the other would. Generally, it happened at times of great change. It was as if they were reinforcing the bonds of love which held them together. The last time it had been this somber had been when Sashwa had left for the military. Then it had been Tavaar pouring out her heart and Sashwa giving comfort. Now it was Tavaar’s turn. She looked up at Sashwa’s expectant face. How dear she was. How sweet and wonderful.

“Sashwa, are you lonely?”

There was a brief moment when Tavaar saw it. Then Sashwa’s face broke into an impish grin.

“Lonely?” she cried. “I’ve got you right where I want you: underneath me, on your back and completely helpless. How could I possibly be lonely?”

Tavaar grinned back. “You are such a scamp. I hope you know better than to act this way in front of the others? I’m going to have a hard enough time gaining respect.”

She had meant it as a joke, but Sashwa frowned.

“What?” asked Tavaar.

“Maybe you were right after all,” said Sashwa.

“About what?”

“Me not sleeping in here.”

“What?”

Tavaar was going to get up, but Sashwa held her down at the shoulders.

“No, listen! It is going to be hard, at least at first. The last thing you need is me underpinning everything by being silly. I should leave.”

“No! I don’t want you to.”

“Tavaar, you know it’s best.”

“Don’t call me Tavaar!”

“That’s your name, isn’t it?”

“Not to you. Not ever. I forbid it! I’m Darling to you.”

There were tears and hope in Sashwa’s eyes. “Do you mean that?” she asked.

Tavaar hesitated. Then, she pulled Sashwa down and kissed her long and hard. They broke slowly. Tavaar caressed Sashwa’s face.

“I am always your Darling. And you are my sweetheart. Okay?”

“Okay?”

Sashwa kissed Tavaar quickly and lifted up, but not letting Tavaar rise. Tavaar didn’t try to.

“Maybe you are not so far off in your thinking,” said Tavaar. “You are Wheylin’s twin. When we finally do have our first, I want you to think of yourself as a partial mother.”

Sashwa smiled. “I will do that,” she said.

“You didn’t answer my other question. Not seriously, anyway. Do you intend to get married?”

“I can’t Darling,” Sashwa said, solemnly, caressing Tavaar’s face.

Tavaar felt her throat tighten. “Why not?”

“Because your brothers are already taken,” she said, bending down and giving Tavaar another kiss before sitting up and laughing.

Tavaar pushed her over.“Oh, go get something to eat.”

No comments:

Today's Music



Yeah. That's The Great Sea all right.

Contributors