Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Tavaar - 14th Edition

When we left Tavaar she had just completed a confrontation with her parents in which her parents feared she had been raped or something. Following that Tavaar then met with her father, who had to give her the bad news about her having applied to be Head-of-Family.

Tavaar belonged to Mines, which was probably one of the two more conservative lines. It was also the only line which resisted the promotion of its women to sovereign, much less Head-of-Family. Odelmaar had been working on the current sovereign expressly to get Tavaar's name on the List-of-Hopefuls. But Tavaar's impatience had stymied that effort. Now it was almost certain she would be turned down.

The next day Tavaar meets with Jamvahn to let him know she has got him released from punishment duty. Then she fulfills her promise to Sashwa.

Formatting: Text notes; Text narrative; Blog notes.

“My friend, Sashwa, you know her?”

“Yes, my Lady. I see her when she visits you.”

“Well, she knows about last night.” Jamvahn's eyes went wide and he bit his lip. “She won't tell anyone. However, she – would – like to – try – you – herself. I told her I would ask.”

Jamvahn's mouth fell open. “But – my Lady – if I should be caught with her.”

“We will work it out so that will not happen. I am on my way to see her now. If you are willing, say so, and I will tell her. We will arrange something soon. If not, say so now.”

Jamvahn looked like he didn’t know what to do. Tavaar felt sorry for him, but she was also thinking of her promise to Sashwa. She had practically guaranteed to deliver Jamvahn. If he said no, it was going to be her in his place. Sashwa was just spiteful and wild enough to insist.

“If that is your wish, I obey,” said Jamvahn.39 (The Note here states: Jamvahn puts the pressure on Tavaar by making it her decision. She cannot remain disconnected.)

She decided to accept that as a yes answer. She knew he was viewing it as an order, and that she was not being very honorable in not correcting him, but she really didn’t want to be Sashwa’s plaything for an evening.

“Then you agree?”

“Yes, my Lady.”

“Good. I will let you know when.”

Later, Tavaar meets privately with Sashwa to give her the news.

“So, did you order him or not?” Sashwa asked.

Tavaar shrugged. “A little of both, I think. I did give him a choice, but I think he’s viewing it as an order, and I didn’t correct him. I hope I did the right thing.”

“O, thank you, Darling,” said Sashwa, throwing her arms around Tavaar’s neck and kissing her. “I knew you’d come through for me. Don’t worry, Darling. It’s going to be fine. I’ll make sure he has a good time. Tell him to bring a change of clothes.”40 (The note here states: This was the most overt statement regarding just how wanton the Tavaar and her friends could be - this would include Klarissa, Khaiu, Shello, and Kiembah.)

It took a moment for this to sink in.

“Sashwa, what are you intending?”

“Nothing you haven’t done yourself,” said Sashwa. “But you know how males can be sometimes. This is going to be fun, and we can’t take any risks.”

Tavaar sighed. “You just be careful.”

“Oh, I will. You know me.”

“Yeah. I know you, all right.”

This completed the first of the six journals I filled with vignettes of Tavaar's life.

No comments:

Today's Music



Yeah. That's The Great Sea all right.

Contributors