Sunday, January 11, 2009

Tavaar - 12th Edition

Yesterday Tavaar experimented with "forbidden love" in order to satisfy herself after being rejected by Khaiu. It gave her none of the comfort she sought, and it was well Sashwa arrived to put an end to it before it went any further. After that, Sashwa confronts Tavaar about playing with Jamvahn, who is Unaligned. However, Tavaar's flip response inspires Sashwa to seek her own opportunity to play the "forbidden love" game. Tavaar agrees to ask Jamvahn.

Today's passages are intended to show the closeness Tavaar and Sashwa share (please keep in mind that their culture is not our culture). I had though I would get further, but I see I wrote a lot about Tavaar and Sashwa, So I'll leave the animosity Tavaar has toward her mother and the bond she has with her father for tomorrow.

While I had hinted at their closeness before (Sashwa referring to Tavaar as "Darling", after Shello called her that), it wasn't until I wrote this that I realized they were True Friends. Since this was a first draft I allowed the characters to explore the relationship - but only so far. I was wading, not diving.

Any comments you may feel like making are welcome.

Formatting: Text notes; Text narrative; Blog notes.

They pretended to fight, laughing as they did. This was the balm Tavaar had craved. The tightness in her shoulders relaxed, and her eyes began to sparkle. She was having so much fun she got careless. She felt her hand connect with Sashwa’s cheek. Sashwa groaned and grabbed her face. Tavaar covered her mouth, but she was also laughing. Sashwa was giving her a dark look. Still laughing, Tavaar walked forward to render assistance.

“I’m sorry,” she said. “Does it hurt much?”

“Yes, it hurts much!” said Sashwa.

“I’m sorry.”

“You don’t sound like it.”

“Well, what do you want me to do?”

“You’re already doing it,” said Sashwa with an evil look.

“What?”

“Laughing!”

“No, Sashwa! No!”

Too late.

Quick as lightning, Sashwa’s fingers were out and tickling Tavaar under her arms. Tavaar tried to get away, but Sashwa was unmerciful in her pursuit. She fell to the ground pleading for mercy. Finally, the torment ended and she lay back, gasping for new air.

“Oh, girl, you are mean,” said Tavaar.

“I am not.”

“Are too.”

“Not.”

“Are.”

“Well,” said Sashwa, “I guess that means you don’t want to kiss me after all?”

“Well, no one’s asked me.”

“Oh, ho, ho! Okay, then. Hey, Miss Tavaar…”

Lady Tavaar.”

“Oh. Excuse me. Lady Tavaar, would you like to kiss me?”

“But, you’re mean. You tickle without mercy.”

“I give you a choice: a kiss – or more tickling.”

“Then kiss me, Lady Sashwa.”

They embraced in an attempt at feigned passion, but almost immediately began laughing. Tavaar actually spit.

“Oh, thanks,” said Sashwa. “See if I kiss you again.”

“I’m sorry. Your hair fell in my mouth. Besides, I can’t help wondering which would give my mother the greater distress: catching me kissing an Unaligned, or catching me kissing you?”

That set them both to laughing again. After rolling apart they wound up beside each other on thier backs. The stars twinkled quietly in the darkness above. Finally, Sashwa spoke.

“Do you have to ask him for my first time?”

Tavaar chuckled. “Girl, is that all you ever think about?”

Sashwa shrugged. “Mostly. But I really do want to try him, Darling. He looked so scared after getting caught with you I’m afraid he’ll say no if you ask.”

“What if I told you he isn’t that good?”

“Don’t tease. I bet he was wonderful.”

“Why?”

“Because – well – he’s Unaligned. You know?”

Tavaar rolled to her side and rested her head on her hand. “Girl, when are you going to understand that they are just like us?”

“If they are just like us then why are they Unaligned?”

“Probably because they angered whoever was in charge of assigning births. I bet they pestered them with favor requests. But really, Sashwa, they don’t kiss better than anyone else.”

“I bet he kisses better than you do.”

“Well, thanks much. See if I do you a favor.”

Tavaar gave Sashwa her back, pretending to put out. Sashwa fell on her.

“No. Say you’ll do it. Please, Darling. I really want to. I tell you what. Kiss me again and I bet I’ll like it. You said my hair got in your mouth last time. I’ll be careful this time. Come on. Give me a kiss. You know you want to.”24 (The note here states: “You know you want to.” Henceforth, this becomes Sashwa main tease comment.)

They wrestled again, rolling back and forth, laughing at their play. Finally, Sashwa had Tavaar on her back. Tavaar’s hands were covering her face.

“Very well,” said Sashwa. “If that’s your choice. If I remember correctly, it was kiss or be tickled.”

“No!” screamed Tavaar, uncovering her face to protect her sides. “I’ll take the kiss.”

Sashwa made a big show of pulling her hair to the sides of her face. Then she brought her face down and they kissed again. It didn’t last long.

“Oh, Darling! That was magnificent. No one can kiss like you do. I’m just swooned.”

She collapsed onto Tavaar and Tavaar grunted from the weight.

“So, I don’t need to ask Jamvahn about you?”

Sashwa pushed herself up and looked down. Tavaar grinned. Then Sashwa eyes began to twinkle mischievously. An evil smile spread over her face.

“Okay. I’ll give you another choice. Either I get Jamvahn for a turn to play with – or I get you. Which will it be, Darling?”

“Very well. I’m convinced.”

“I knew you’d see reason.”

“You mean I just needed a reason.”

“Are you implying I don’t kiss well?”

“Are you implying I don’t kiss well?”

“No. You’re wonderful. I’m all tingly all over.”

“Hmm. Maybe we’re laying on an ant hill. Better get up.”

They got to their feet and brushed each other off. It was then Sashwa noticed Tavaar was wearing one of her best tunics.

“It’s dirty now,” she said. “I hope we didn’t tear it.”

“Check the back,” said Tavaar, examining the front and sleeves.

“It seems fine. Why are you wearing it, anyway? You never did tell me where you went.”

“I added my name to the List-of-Hopefuls.”

“Really? Wow! Maybe that was why Sovereign Fahrhar came by. But you know Mines typically only assigns males to the List-of-Hopefuls?”

“Show me a male who is more qualified than me.”

“Agreed. But that’s not why you put on your best tunic. What were you really up to?”

Tavaar sighed and looked away. “Nothing.”

“Nothing. Hmph. Hey! Are you crying?”

“No.”

“Yes, you are! Darling, what’s wrong?”

Tavaar knew she would tell Sashwa in time, but didn't want that time to be now. Now she just wanted to get away. But Sashwa knew Tavaar well.

“Oh, no,” she whispered.

Tavaar looked at her friend. Sashwa had guessed the truth, or enough of it to matter. For some reason Tavaar felt ashamed. Sashwa gathered her in her arms and the tears flowed anew.

“Oh, Darling. I’m so sorry.”

Tavaar let herself be held. Then she pulled away.

“I don’t want to cry now, Sashwa. Please.”

“Okay. We’ll talk about it later. Right?” Sashwa asked.

Tavaar wiped her eyes and nodded. “Great,” she said. “I bet my eyes are all puffed again.”

“We can’t have that,” said Sashwa. “And you’re all cast down, too. I know just the thing: laughter.”

“Sashwa, no!”

Too late. This time Sashwa was merciful and ceased after just a short time.

“I told you, you were mean,” said Tavaar.

“Is it my fault you’re ticklish? Come on. It’s the only thing I can best you at. Besides, you like it.”

Tavaar smiled. “Sometimes.”

All the time.”

“Sometimes.”

All the time. Or shall we put it to the test?”

“Okay. All the time.”

“Right. I must say, Tavaar, you’ve really got a stupid weakness. Anyone can beat you as long as they don’t use a sword. All they have to do is tickle your sides.”

“I doubt I’ll be in much danger of that if I’m ever confronted by bandits or barbarians.”

Sashwa made a face and nodded. “You’re right. It may not be such a bad weakness after all. Besides, I love to see you laugh, and its good to know I can make it happen whenever I want.”

“I’ll keep you in mind should I ever feel the need. Now, please get off and help me up.”

No comments:

Today's Music



Yeah. That's The Great Sea all right.

Contributors