Friday, May 8, 2009

Tavaar - 70th Edition

All erupted with boisterous laughter. All, that is, except Khaiu. He sat quiet and unmoved while all laughed at his expense. He waited for everyone to settle back down before exacting his revenge.

“I let him tell this tale because I feel sorry for him.”


“Why?” asked Sashwa.


Tavaar looked at Shello. His smile was fading fast.


“It is because of what Tura and I did to him and Klarissa.”


Sashwa leaned forward. “What did you do?”


“We had caught them in the water, but instead of wasting our time watching the inexperienced, we did something far more practical: we took their clothes and brought them back to camp.”


Now everyone was laughing at Shello. Sashwa had to fall back and roll on the ground. It took her awhile to collect herself.


“Oh, I wish I had been there to see you two trying to sneak back to camp to get your clothes,” she said. “I bet you had to use all your skill to get in unnoticed.”


“He did,” said Khaiu, impressed. “They actually might have made it, too – except for one thing: we told everyone they were coming. It was quite amusing, really. There was Klarissa, her arms crossed and trying to hide behind Shello. And there was Shello, with his teeny weenie little oak leaf. They looked so pitiful Tura and I took compassion on them and tossed them their things.”

“But we got even with you on that!” cried Shello.

“Ye – e – s, but I believe Tura and I are still one up.”


“Not for long. Klarissa and I have something special planned.”


“I can hardly wait.”


They talked a while longer. Then everyone began breaking away into the regular evening routines. A few left for some private play time, but mostly it was notepacks and pointcasters. Tavaar led Wheylin, Sashwa, Khaiu, and Shello to a place where they could talk without interruption. They sat in a tight circle. This allowed them to speak in low tones. Sashwa sat to Tavaar’s left. Shello was beside her. Then came Khaiu, Wheylin and Tavaar, who sat so close to Wheylin she was nearly in his lap.


“You needn’t sit on him, Darling. I don’t think he’s planning on going anywhere,” said Sashwa.

Tavaar laughed with the others, but she stayed close to Wheylin.

No comments:

Today's Music



Yeah. That's The Great Sea all right.

Contributors