Monday, May 4, 2009

Tavaar - 66th Edition

She related the events over the summer and then came to the time when she deemed Kelenbah ripe to be forced out. When she told of Kelenbah's threat Khaiu’s became angry. Now she came to Gwihnna’s repeat of her premonition; this time with the promise of at least two children. Tavaar’s fear grew as she told how Sashwa finally confessed she believed it. Tavaar was convinced Bolar did, too.

“To that’s why I’m afraid. Especially of you and Shello. It has to be one of you. Or maybe both. Gwihnna said there were two children. I love no one more than you. By the King! Wheylin does not deserve this.”

“You mean you love no one more yet,” said Khaiu.


She looked at him, appalled. “Khaiu! No.”


He quickly raised his hand in a placating gesture.
“I did not mean it like that. I meant Wheylin. Your love for him right now is perhaps not so strong as it should be, or you would like. However, though you did not state it plainly in your tale, I gather you love him more now than you did last year.”

“That’s true. I do. So, what are you saying? That my love for Wheylin will continue to grow until it surpasses the love I have for you?”


“It will not end even then, Tavaar. It will continue to grow as long as you exist – providing you take care of it.”


“Then, are you telling me that one day my love for you will end? That everything I have and feel for you will just – go away?”


“No. I hope your love for me – and Shello (I guess) – will continue forever. I know my love for you will. But one day, Wheylin’s place in your heart will be bigger than Shello’s and mine combined. That is the way of love, Tavaar.”


She felt her eyes go misty. She couldn’t help it. Khaiu had just admitted he loved her. He had done it on his own without prompting. She wanted to kiss him, but she did not dare. Khaiu, seeing her tears and her smile, quickly surmised her feelings. He gave her one of his rich, boyish smiles.


“Yes, Tavaar. I am still in love with you.”


“Khaiu?”


He held out his arms and she went to him and they kissed. It wasn’t long, nor was it a kiss of passion. But it was special. Her heart felt peaceful. She tasted his lips and let their tongues dance for moment. Then she sat back, her eyes were still locked with his.


“You see? We do not have to lay together,” he said.


“But now I really want to,” she cooed.


“Yes. Well. Perhaps we should return to the problem at hand.”

No comments:

Today's Music



Yeah. That's The Great Sea all right.

Contributors