Tuesday, May 19, 2009

It's a Complex Place

Converted the blog to a new template and then added a left sidebar. It's a better utilization of space.

Swords of Fire is an amazing saga. To me, anyway. Not only do I have a main story which covers an entire solar system, but I have a hoard of spin-off stories, too.

You already know of Tavaar's Backstory. But what about the backstories of other characters? What about Khirbah and Korbah, the founders of the Compound 333 years before my main character, Khirsha, was born? How did that come about?

The Kingdom of Azua. Who are those people? How vast is their kingdom?

What about Barbarians and Trolls? Why are they so hateful? There has to be a reason. People just aren't born that way. (I do know the reason, by the way.)

Where did the Giant Cats come from? How did Fire Mountain come to be?

What's great is that I have answers to all of these questions. After thirty-seven years it only makes sense.

Why is the Sea there? What is its real purpose?

I know it all. And yet I continue to learn more. Isn't that amazing? That's the wonder and beauty of world building. It never really ends until we do.

No comments:

Today's Music



Yeah. That's The Great Sea all right.

Contributors