Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Good Ol' Blogger

FairyHedgeHog posted this. I looked at my Follower list and I'm still listed as "public". However, if you used to see me as a Follower and now don't, please let me know.

Thanks to Jennifer, through Sarah, for this explanation of why we're all apparently losing followers.

If you use Blogger as your platform, I'm sure you've noticed that your follower count is down. Apparently Blogger has changed everybody's followers to "anonymous" and anonymous followers don't show. If everyone can do these simple steps, we can all get our followers back:Go to dashboard, you'll see "Blogs I'm Following"Scroll down to the bottom of that list and click on manage.Then you'll see that all the drop down menus have been changed to anonymous. You just need to change them back to public.Hopefully we can get the word out, so everyone can take these steps. I hope this doesn't happen again!

3 comments:

laughingwolf said...

i'm on all 3 of your sites, bevie, but you are no longer on mine, along with at least five others i'm aware of....

laughingwolf said...

dunno what they're talking about, all i see there are the blogs i follow, not those who follow mine :(

Bevie said...

To the right there should be a drop-down box indicating whether you are following publicly or anonymously. If you're following anonymously, then the owner of the blog doesn't know you're following.

Apparently, Blogger has been randomly changing this status to Anonymous.

You should see me in your list now.

NOTE: Actually, I have four sites. Cat in the Buff is mine, too. That's nearly 100% about cats.

Today's Music



Yeah. That's The Great Sea all right.

Contributors