Saturday, June 20, 2009

Tescha

It's been a while since I've posted to this blog. These poems I have been writing are the foundations for actual stories, which is my concern. By publishing the poems on this blog, have I actually published the stories? I don't know. But I like telling these stories. They're all about love, and there's a healing element to them. I think so anyway. They are all written in sudden inspiration. I hope you like them.

Tescha
by Bevie James

Tescha’s love for Willah Spent was steeped with passion and so it went
She tried to court the girl each day, but Willah sent Tescha away
Alone she cried herself to sleep, wanting Willah Spent to keep
She once brought flowers to her door, and was told by Willah, “Return no more”
So Tescha’s heart was broken then, and vowed she would not love again

Willah Spent grew fast and wild, and then one day she had a child
Her pregnancy was all the talk, and followed her when’ere she walked
The other women called her names, and even men would do the same
But the men would come with bold desire, asking Willah to quench their fire
When it came that she could take no more, Willah came to Techa’s door

Tescha let the outcast in, and said no word of Willah’s sin
She fed her love and made her warm, keeping her all safe from harm
The child, too, she took her own, saying, “This is my flesh. This is my bone.”
Together they endure the stares, of others who had other cares
But Tescha lives with Willah her love, they fit together – hand in glove

No comments:

Today's Music



Yeah. That's The Great Sea all right.

Contributors