Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Chalva

Chalva
by Bevie James

When Chalva came to Harbiss, little could I know
That what began as friendship, would grow and grow and grow
She had come from Aliss Harbor, a village by the sea
A dashing girl of twenty, she meant so much to me
We walked together often, and she would tell me tales
Of ships set out on oceans, hunting mighty whales

Then came the night that Chalva, walked me home at night
She put her arms around me, and I began to see the light
Her lips touched mine so gently, and her hand cupped round my breast
I let her come to bed with me, and with her did the rest
I had not dreamed it possible, to love a woman so
But Chalva owns my heart of love, and Chalva is my beau

I like the way she teases me, I like the way she talks
Sometimes I’ll hold her hand in mine, while we take our walks
At whiles she’ll stop and hold me close, in her gentle arms
She’ll giggle and play with my blouse, asking for my charms
And I never can say no to her, she fills my heart with joy
To know that I am Chalva’s love, not just some rough boy

Others in the village, will criticize us two
They say we are not natural, and it’s wrong what we both do
Perhaps they’re right, I do not know, I do not even care
For I love Chalva with all my heart, my life with her I share
And so we two young women, grow older every day
And love each other warmly, in every single way

No comments:

Today's Music



Yeah. That's The Great Sea all right.

Contributors