Thursday, June 25, 2009

Oloara

Oloara
by Bevie James

Oloara was a pretty girl, as flowers in a field
The boys would try to lay with her, but ne’er did she yield

Fresh Lips like roses on her face, and breasts so soft and plump
Boys went wild to watch her pass, and see her tight formed rump

She knew that any boy was hers, she had just but to say
But ne’er a word Oloara said, and kept the boys at bay

I was a friend of hers back then, we often talked and played
And when too dark it was to walk, at her house I stayed

Sometimes I’d ask her how it was, she’d resist all the boys
She’s laugh and smile sweet at me, and say there’s better joys

Then she would turn to me and say, you have no boys with you
How is it you should be alone, and that your loves be few

No words had I for her to give, I could not let her know
That love for her was in my heart, how could I tell her so

One evening when a storm raged strong, a book Oloara read
Then later when the lights blew out, she took me to her bed

While outside rain and wind blew hard, in bed all was calm
And kisses that Oloara gave, soothed my heart like balm

For two full years we shared our love, and ecstasy we had
While others in the village scoffed, and said our love was bad

Then came one day to our village home, a boy from far away
He fell in love with Oloara and took my love away

Alone I lived as years flew by, no boy came to my door
And love it faded from my life, I’d know it nevermore

Then after many years had passed, when I was old and grey
Someone at my door did knock, needing a place to stay

When my door swung open I did see, standing in the night
Oloara looking worn and spent, she looked a sadly fright

Into my arms she fell with tears, asking for forgiveness
I held her tight and kissed her brow, my love had not grown less

She ate my food and slept that night, warmly in my bed
Her husband had run off from her, fell and now was dead

Her children they were three, she said, all grown and moved away
For the village where they had grown up, required them to pay

Oloara, though, did not go with, she came home to me
For now she knew she loved me best, and with me she’d be free

That night I let her sleep alone, though my heart had desire
I let her sleep upon my bed while I lay by the fire

Amidst the night I heard her call, I went and kissed her face
She held and pulled me down with her, this now was my place

And so with gentle hands and lips she granted me my flames
I cried and wept within her arms, she was mine again

It’s been three years since she’s come home, we’re happy in our home
And joy is mine forever more, I’m no longer alone

No comments:

Today's Music



Yeah. That's The Great Sea all right.

Contributors