Friday, November 7, 2008

Unicorns

I do not know where my original work on Unicorns is. It may be lost forever. A lot of work was when my computer crashed beyond repair a few years ago. Everything I had failed to print was lost. I had done backups, but the new computer doesn't recognize the format and they can't be read. Technology is so wonderful.

What I remember is that the Unicorns were similar to Dragons in that their number was fixed. I don't recall what that number was. Unlike Dragons, Unicorns were not phyically powerful. Instead, they imparted extraordinary ability to those who managed to befriend them. Many believed the Unicorns to be magical, but in truth they merely enhanced natural ability.

There were eight kinds, each with its own color. A Unicorn's color revealed its special power, as well as the region in which it could be found. I do not recall which power went with which color, nor the region. It may be that had not been decided. Certainly, I had not named any.

The colors were as follows: white, black, red, green, blue, gold, silver and lavender.

The powers (as I remember them) were: sight, hearing, quickness, smell, vision (as in fortelling), understanding, healing (both self and of others), shadow (the ability to remain unseen).

No comments:

Today's Music



Yeah. That's The Great Sea all right.

Contributors